September 2, 2020 — Kitchener, Canada — Remote adjust on Unitron’s newest platform, Discover Next, empowers hearing care professionals (HCPs) to connect with clients outside their clinic. HCPs can adjust settings including gain and compression remotely, and clients can accept the adjustments to be applied to their hearing aids using a smartphone app when and where it’s most convenient.
In recent years, consumers trends have focussed on new ways to access products and services that best suit people’s needs and preference. In 2019, e-commerce sales worldwide amounted to $3.53 trillion USD and e-retail revenues are projected to grow to $6.54 trillion USD by 2022.1 This trend towards contactless and on-demand services has escalated since the COVID-19 pandemic – and hearing care is no exception. In a recent survey, over half of HCPS are using (teleaudiology) for follow-ups and counselling, while 45% are using it for hearing aid adjustments and fine-tuning.2
“We know exceptional service that helps people get the most from their hearing solution is important and can extend beyond the clinic,” says Sandra Fulton, VP Group Marketing. “With remote adjust, HCPs and clients can feel confident in support and performance, contributing to a better hearing care experience.”
Health concerns aren’t the only reason people may find it challenging to get to a clinic for a standard adjustment. Distance, accessibility and hectic schedules continue to be barriers to hearing care. As hearing clinics and people with hearing loss face continued disruption to services, remote adjust makes it possible to get the care needed outside of a scheduled appointment – creating a flexible, empowering and easy hearing care experience for everyone.
“With remote adjust, HCPs can modify gain and compression for each sound environment to help people enjoy better hearing,” says Shaun Coghlan, Senior Product Manager of eSolutions. “You don’t have to be in the same place at the same time to provide a high level of professional support.”
Remote adjust is available on the Discover Next platform - which offers an expanded range of styles (behind-the ear, receiver-in-canal and in-the-ear) and the latest sound performance technology designed to make conversations even more meaningful.
Products and accessories on the Discover Next platform*:
- MoxiTM Move R – RIC (receiver-in-canal) with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- MoxiTM Jump R (with telecoil option) – RIC with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- MoxiTM Fit – RIC with 312 battery.
- StrideTM P R – BTE (behind-the-ear) with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Stride M – BTE with traditional battery
- Insera W 312 directional ITE (in-the-ear) with MFA connectivity and traditional battery
- Insera 312 Omni – ITE with traditional battery
- Insera 10A Omni – smallest ITE on the Discover Next platform with traditional battery
- Equalizer – A new feature on the Remote Plus app lets clients adjust the bass, mid and treble.
- TV Connector – Watch favorite shows and movies in high-quality stereo sound by wirelessly connecting hearing instruments to the TV or other media devices.
- Remote Control – A convenient accessory to discreetly adjust volume and switch programs.
- PartnerMic – An easy-to-use lapel worn mic with integrated AirStreamTM technology streams clear speech.
* Compatibility may be limited by product style.
Unitron is a global brand that understands the hearing healthcare business is built on strong, personal relationships. We work closely with hearing healthcare professionals to improve the lives of people with hearing loss. A member of the Sonova Group, Unitron has a proven track record of developing hearing innovations that provide natural sound with exceptional speech understanding. Headquartered in Canada, Unitron distributes its full line of hearing instruments to customers in over 60 countries. For more information, please visit us on the web at unitron.com.