September 2, 2020 — Kitchener, Canada — Unitron’s newest platform, Discover Next, helps people stay connected with its superior speech understanding, remote adjustments and a complete product family to suit diverse needs and preferences.
“It’s more important than ever before to stay connected with the people in our lives, and our technology-rich solutions help hearing aid wearers capture the meaning in every conversation, right where and when they are,” says Sandra Fulton, VP Group Marketing. “And with sleek, comfortable designs powered by proven lithium-ion battery technology, they won’t miss a thing.”
Hearing better in noisy environments is the number one need of hearing instrument wearers.1 SoundCore, the signal processor inside Unitron hearing instruments, combines four powerful technologies to provide a seamless, human-like listening experience that helps wearers hear conversations more clearly and comfortably in every environment. Building on these technologies, the Discover Next platform delivers speech and environmental cues that enable wearers to understand the deeper meaning of words, in both quiet and noisy environments.
Soft speech lift boosts subtle speech cues without increasing the overall level, providing key information to get to the deeper meaning of quiet conversations.
Spectral Speech is an exciting new fourth dimension of our premium binaural solution for noisy environments, SpeechPro. Now, in addition to automatically applying directionality and preserving localization cues, Spectral Speech adds further contrast between speech and noise to help clients better understand words and emotions in complex listening situations.
Together, these new features enhance the listening experience further by helping wearers determine who is talking, the location of voices, and subtle cues – such as the intonation and underlying emotion of words – which help improve the overall understanding of meaning in speech.
Plus, remote adjust lets hearing care professionals make changes to gain and compression whenever and wherever their clients are – without having to come to the office for an appointment.
“We’re known for great sound performance that offers superior speech understanding, but really meaningful conversations go beyond words,” says Donald Hayes, Director of Clinical Research. “Discover Next helps hearing aid wearers capture the intonation and emotion behind those words, and now, they can experience optimization outside of the clinic for truly great interactions anytime, anywhere.”
Products and accessories on the Discover Next platform:
- MoxiTM Move R – RIC (receiver-in-canal) with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- MoxiTM Jump R (with telecoil option) – RIC with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- MoxiTM Fit – RIC with 312 battery.
- StrideTM P R – BTE (behind-the-ear) with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Stride M – BTE with traditional battery
- Insera W 312 directional ITE (in-the-ear) with MFA connectivity and traditional battery
- Insera 312 Omni – ITE with traditional battery
- Insera 10A Omni – smallest ITE on the Discover Next platform with traditional battery
- Equalizer – A new feature on the Remote Plus app lets clients adjust the bass, mid and treble.
- TV Connector – Watch favorite shows and movies in high-quality stereo sound by wirelessly connecting hearing instruments to the TV or other media devices.
- Remote Control – A convenient accessory to discreetly adjust volume and switch programs.
- PartnerMic – An easy-to-use lapel worn mic with integrated AirStreamTM technology streams clear speech.
1 Ozmeral, Hoover, Gabbidon, and Eddins (2018). Development of Continuous Number Identification Test (CNIT). Ear and Hearing submitted for publication.
* Compatibility may be limited by product style.
Unitron is a global brand that understands the hearing healthcare business is built on strong, personal relationships. We work closely with hearing healthcare professionals to improve the lives of people with hearing loss. A member of the Sonova Group, Unitron has a proven track record of developing hearing innovations that provide natural sound with exceptional speech understanding. Headquartered in Canada, Unitron distributes its full line of hearing instruments to customers in over 60 countries. For more information, please visit us on the web at unitron.com.