Rechargeable hearing aids care and maintenance
Follow these best practices to ensure the best and longest performance from rechargeable hearing aids every day, all day.
- When not in use, keep the hearing aids in the charging base. They cannot overcharge.
- Plug the USB adapter into the power cord, then plug the power cord into a power outlet. Avoid using a laptop, or computer to power your charging base. The charging base lights will flash green once to confirm it is powered.
- Place hearing aids in the charging slots every night. The ear pieces should be on the same side of the charger as the power cable.
- When hearing aids have been properly inserted, both lights will flash green 5 times to confirm they are charging properly. A solid green light means that the hearing aids are fully charged.
- Clean hearing aid charge pads and charging base slots using the cleaning brush provided and a clean, dry tissue. Do not use any liquids for cleaning.
- Do not place hearing aids in the charger if the charger is unplugged. This will drain the battery.
- If a low battery warning is heard, place the hearing aids in the charging base or temporarily replace the rechargeable batteries with traditional batteries.
The Unitron support team is here to help. Learn more about important topics and find resources that will help you with all of your Unitron products.