There are two main ways to establish connection between the Android smartphone and the Bluetooth hearing aids:
Is Bluetooth currently activated on the smartphone?
There are two ways to do this depending on the Android smartphone model:
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to bring up the Notifications Center
2. Swipe down on the Notifications Center to reveal the Quick Settings menu
3. Verify the Bluetooth symbol is highlighted, if not, tap to activate Bluetooth
1. From the home screen, navigate to Bluetooth settings
2. Verify the slider button next to Bluetooth is switched to ON
3. If not, tap the slider button to activate Bluetooth
Is there a fresh battery in the hearing aid?
1. Replace the battery in the hearing aid
2. Close the battery door to place the hearing aid in pairing mode
3. The hearing aid will be in pairing mode for three minutes
4. Follow the pairing process to connect your hearing aids to your Android smartphone
To pair your iPhone to your Unitron Bluetooth hearing aids to make phone calls, follow these steps:
1. Go to your iPhone home screen and tap on the “Settings” icon.
2. In the settings menu, tap on the “Bluetooth” icon.
3. Tap on the slider button next to Bluetooth to turn Bluetooth On.
4. Open the battery door of your hearing aids for 5 seconds and then close the battery doors to turn them back on.
5. After several seconds, the name of your hearing aids will appear on the iPhone screen. Tap on it to select.
6. You will now see a message, “Bluetooth Pairing Request” Click “Pair” or “Ok” (depending on your Android smartphone
7. A connection beep will be heard in the paired hearing aid.
Your iPhone is now connected to your hearing aids.