Bluetooth is a short range wireless networking protocol (like WIFI) designed to quickly and automatically connect devices without wires. It can be used to connect:
- Mobile phones to each other to exchange pictures, ring tones, music etc.
- Computer to devices like mice, keyboards, printers etc.
- Headsets to mobile phones for hands free operation (Bluetooth car kits).
Bluetooth devices automatically detect and connect to each other making communication between devices very easy.
The current version of Bluetooth is 4.2 and it has 2 versions: Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low energy.
- Bluetooth Classic is ideal for connecting mobile phones to Bluetooth headsets for phone calls.
- Bluetooth Low energy is an ultra-low power version of Bluetooth meant for low power sensors and accessories. It is ideal for applications that do not require continuous connection but depend on long battery life. It is not suitable for streaming audio.
The Unitron support team is here to help. Learn more about important topics and find resources that will help you with all of your Unitron products.